• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Average jail time for possession of 2 grams of crack cocaine with intent to deliver?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HelloAmerica201

Within 1,000 feet of a church in Illinois? This person I know of just got arrested, and I am glad he did. How long will he be put away for?

CdwJava

Within 1,000 feet of a church in Illinois? This person I know of just got arrested, and I am glad he did. How long will he be put away for?
That depends on which statute(s) he has been charged with violating, and whether or not he chooses to accept diversion or not (assuming he is eligible).

HelloAmerica201

That depends on which statute(s) he has been charged with violating, and whether or not he chooses to accept diversion or not (assuming he is eligible).
Ok , so how many years could he possibly be facing in jail? I am hoping he is put away for a while to be honest.

ERAUPIKE

Ok , so how many years could he possibly be facing in jail? I am hoping he is put away for a while to be honest.
Possessing less than 5 grams with the intent to traffic is a felony with serious felony penalties ranging from 4 to 15 years in the penitentiary. Committing the crime within 1,500 feet of a church can double the time of incarceration and fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">