• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Uninsured" Driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daisy32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hello all,

My car was recently rear ended by the driver of a commercial vehicle. A police report was filed and I took care of the damages through my own insurance company which in turn started the subrogation process. They could not find an active insurance policy for the other driver and sent me a letter stating that they were uninsured. I filed a complaint of "no insurance" at my local municipal court. Once receiving the court summons, the other driver revealed his correct insurance information. Therefore, I skipped the court date, but have now received a rescheduled court date in the mail. Can I just skip this and will the case get dropped because I'm the complainant/plaintiff? Or do I have to go in to court? And also will I get fined for not showing up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">