• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost work wages due to accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newinstaller

I was involved in a minor accident where I was rear-ended by another driver who took 100% responsibility ( the state trooper's report confirms this). However, my company required me to take a 10 panel drug screen after the incident. I was sent home for 2 work days while having to wait for the results, which came back negative. I can now go back to work, but can I go after the other driver's insurance company to compensate me for my 2 lost days of work? Thanks for any info.

ScottWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Last edited:

newinstaller

Yes I was on my way to a jobsite. I left my house at 6:15 am and the accident happened at 7:30 am. I am not paid for the first hour of travel, but all subsequent travel is. The car was a company car being leased for me through Enterprise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">