• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pls Hlp: Purchased Out-Of-State Vehicle and the Title is Pending, No Response

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrns281

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My question involves small claims court in the state of: Illinois

I purchased a car back in October 2010 from a private party located in Joliet
Illinois. The car was described as mechanically sound and the seller said
quote" I am a Mechanic and can atest to the condition of the vehicle". When the
car arrived (along with the Title) the car was full of rust, no brake lights,
etc. That is not the problem, out of my frustration with her literally lying
about the car I texted her everything that was wrong with the car. She denied everything and that was it. Well When I went to register the car in my name, she
incorrectly filled out the title. Given at this time, I have repaired most of
the problems the car had and I am not disputing keeping the car.

My problem is now that I have sent her the correct Bill-of-Sale to properly fill out, she is is non-responsive to my texts-emails, therefore the car is not registered as of Jan. 2011 and my extensions have run out. I was planning on sending her the title back via Postal Mail Certified Mail (make copy for myself) and having here sign it correctly.

Please advice what I can do, All I require is she return the Title with the correctly signatures so I can go on and register the car in my name. Can I sue her for "Non-Delivery" since I have tried in good faith to complete the sale.

Thank you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">