• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car removal from property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trophic

back in 1994/1995 my friend asked me to keep his unregistered 1977 triumph spitfire at my home because his home was being sold and he needed a place to keep it. At that time, the car was undriveable. The car was towed to my home. Now,, I want to get rid of the car from my property and would like to know if I can remove the car myself if my friend does not agree to take it from my property. I do not have a title to the car,, over the past 6 to 7 years the car has been sitting and withering. Cann I do this if necessary?
Without a title? I live in New York.
Thank you

JETX

Here is what I would suggest:
Send him a letter (Certified RRR). Describe the car (make, model, VIN). Notify that any prior authorization to park 'the above' vehicle on your property have been revoked. Tell her she has a reasonable (7 days from receipt?) time to make arrangements for removing the vehicle from your property and that if arrangements are not made, the vehicle will incur storage fees in the amount of $10 per day for each day that the car remains on your property without your express permission. After XX (30?) days without notice, the vehicle will be considered abandoned and will be sold 'at auction' with the proceeds to be used to pay storage fees and all costs.

Then send the letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">