• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmens Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ClaudeP007

I'm a Field Engineer for a Fortune 500 firm in Lanham, MD
In September of last year I was hurt in a job related accident and have been out of work since then.
While I've been on disability my employer has notified me that my job has been eliminated and I have 4 weeks to look for a job internally. The company is currently in a layoff process and all job hirings are fozen, so I can't apply for a job internally. I've been with the company for 25 years and thier is a severance package for people that are laid off. My HR manager indicates that because my job was eleiminated I am not entitled to the severance package.
Can my job be eliminated while I'm on disability?
The accident required me to have surgery and has left me partially disabled. What is my recourse and do I have one.
Workmens Compensation was filed at the time of the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">