• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about nursing ethics in a jail setting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadwick1503

I work at a correction facility in mississippi. We currently have an inmate that is a extreme diabetic. He has a long history of letting his glucose level bottom out to the point of near death. This inmate also uses the this medical problem to his advantage. For example the other day he commented a infraction inside the facility and was placed in our segregation unit. Since that point he has a refused to check his glucose level. My question is do we have the legal authority to check his glucose level and deliver injections to him without his consent? When I said we, I mean out nursing staff which of course professonally trained.

LdiJ

I work at a correction facility in mississippi. We currently have an inmate that is a extreme diabetic. He has a long history of letting his glucose level bottom out to the point of near death. This inmate also uses the this medical problem to his advantage. For example the other day he commented a infraction inside the facility and was placed in our segregation unit. Since that point he has a refused to check his glucose level. My question is do we have the legal authority to check his glucose level and deliver injections to him without his consent? When I said we, I mean out nursing staff which of course professonally trained.
Isn't that a question that you should be asking your superiors?..and perhaps the attorneys for the correctional facility?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">