• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dolfan25

my boyfriend shot me in the face with a bee-bee (pellet) gun. now, 2 weeks later am having a minor surgery on my face to extract it. is it too late to file a report on him?
what are the conseqences for us both ? what can i do in the state of california?

dolfan25

S

Sonia Krampitz

Break up with your boyfriend and get on with your life.

Sue him in civil court for the medical bill of extracting the bee-bee gun pellet from your face.

Battery is a felony charge and is very serious. Just being arrested is just cause to discharge you from your job in Florida. An arrest for a violent crime or conviction will affect your boyfriend's ability to get a job, rent an apartment, enlist in the military, etc. for the rest of his life. If convicted, he will have a record, and having a record will limit his options in life.

Not worth being so vindictive if you consider the episode an accident or are able to just part ways with this X.

Get rid of him in another way--don't see him again, ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">