• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and wont pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proboner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My car was hit by an aquiantance while it was parked out in front of my mothers house. Trying to be nice, I agreed to let him pay for the damage out of pocket instead of going thru insurance, but he has since stopped talking to me. There was never a police report made nor insurnace involved. At this point I have his email address, and phone number, and several emails between us implying his guilt in the matter. I have attempted several times to get his insurnace information and he has ignored me. What should my next course of action be to get this taken care of? Im thinking maybe small claims?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My car was hit by an aquiantance while it was parked out in front of my mothers house. Trying to be nice, I agreed to let him pay for the damage out of pocket instead of going thru insurance, but he has since stopped talking to me. There was never a police report made nor insurnace involved. At this point I have his email address, and phone number, and several emails between us implying his guilt in the matter. I have attempted several times to get his insurnace information and he has ignored me. What should my next course of action be to get this taken care of? Im thinking maybe small claims?
Yes, sue the bad guy in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">