• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timpohladthomas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

About 4 months ago, I was charged with failure to yield while pulling out of my driveway. Nobody was injured in the accident. Before I went to court I took a DIP class and the judge suspended my charge as long as I didn't get a ticket. Well 2 months later I received a speeding ticket. Now, I am supposed to go back to court for the Failure to yield charge....is it worth getting a lawyer over?

ecmst12

Sounds like the class didn't help...a lawyer can definitely help you keep your license but will cost you some $$.

timpohladthomas

Ha....funny...but I didn't get on this forum for people to make jokes about my situation. I understand a lawyer would be helpful, but is one necessary? How serious is the charge? Maybe someone with some actual knowledge on the subject could help me?

ecmst12

Well, this is not the traffic tickets forum and I don't live in VA, you didn't say exactly what you are being charged with or how many points you have now, so it would be difficult to say even if there was someone familiar with VA traffic tickets in this forum.

The traffic tickets forum is towards the bottom of the list.

ecmst12

The advice is free. The snark is a gift with purchase. Sorry, you don't get to pick and choose what people say to you - only what you listen to.

FlyingRon

You opened more than one thread on this, but if this is the 46.2-863 failure to yield, this is a misdemeanor. Frankly, you should have had a lawyer the first time around, and you'll definitely need one now. You know that jail (while unlikely in this situation) is a possibility?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">