• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who may be Liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgd53az

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I work in an office park managed by a property company. Two days ago I arrived at work early (it was dark) and hit an open garbage corral door. The door was wide open and the bolt was in the ground with the door in the open position. It was dark and hard to see the door and I hit the back of my truck on it and it tore right through the metal as it was stationary and open and not swinging. It made a mark on the gravel as I dragged the door.

This door is almost always open and never secured. It did considerable damage to the truck. Property management company not taking any blame. I told them I will consult my attorney.

Is there a negligence case here?

ecmst12

It is completely and 100% your fault. You hit a stationary object and you are responsible for the damage to the door AND your truck. Your insurance will cover the damage to the door and if you have collision coverage, your damage as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">