• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discharged on what basis?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rich DeBlasio

On Dec. 18, 2000 I began a new job as an Instructional Designer. I resigned my other job. I never got a computer for one month and never was tasked with a project until jan. 29th 2001. The projects I was getting were not what my profession does and I was cutting and pasting existing documents. I explained to my manager that I was getting unhappy because I was not working at my profession and not being given enough information to do a project. On March 21 I was told my services were no longer needed. I signed up for unemployment and in April the unemployment office wrote me saying that the company discharged me for poor performance and that my benefits might be cut. I only was given tasks to do for 2 months and without proper information... the job was totally out of alignment with the description, I was hired at a senior position and my manager resented this from the beginning. I am about 15 years older than the other team members and felt I was not wanted and was considering quitting when told of the discharge. Do I have legal rights to protect my unemployment and do I have a case for a law suit? Now I gave up my other job and feel something is very wrong here.

L

loku

Wrongful termination-- Unemployment

If your performance was not poor and you can prove it, or if you can prove that the reason it seemed poor was their fault, then you should win your Unemployment claim.

Also, if you can prove that you were discriminated against because of age, then you have a suit for wrongful termination.

Another possibility is that you could sue them for breach of contract. They promised you a certain job. In reliance on that, you resigned your job. They did not give you the job promised; therefore, they breached the contract. You would be entitled to your loss because of the breach.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">