• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Connecticut. I was referred to an attorney and we just do not get along at all. He does not allow me to speak at all or he goes into a tiraid and threatens to quit all the time.
He cannot talk to me on the phone without screaming so loud, my husband can hear him from accross the room. The last call he was in his car driving while hollering that I was abusive to his staff. All I did was ask why we have not gotten a date yet. Why is that abusive? I was not using a rude tone, just a question.

Are attorneys allowed to bully their paying clients? Is this not some kind of ethics violation?

I think they do this when they regret taking a case. They want you to fire them, so then they can get paid. How can he get paid when he has not gone to the hearing yet?

The real loser here is my mom, deemed incompetent with dimentia. She has WELLS FARGO accounts we cannot access until I am Trustee. I am already her conservator, but WELLS FARGO will not recognize me until this happens.

NEWSFLASH....WELLS FARGO SUCKS, and they referred me to this attorney!!:eek: What scammers...I also have accounts there, and I am getting my money moved to a new Financial advisor ASAP.

need an a new attorney?

I agree, but how to pay when I cannot move money until I am appointed as Trustee? My mom does not have enough in her credit union to pay a different attorney at this point. What a mess...
There is no attorney on the planet that is going to take a PROBATE/TRUSTEE case without a retainer.
On the bright side, KARMA will catch up to him, hopefully while he is driving. :p
Should I go to Probate and let them appoint someone to handle this? That way the "new" attorney would get paid later.
Let me know and thanks for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">