• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legitimate pot users and their privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feduplady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

hello
I live in california. I have a prescription/recommendation whatever you wanna call it from an MD (an internist).

If in fact the "stores" I buy my marijuana medication from (and yes i really do need it for medicinal reasons) get raided and or shut down, what happens to their client records?

Does the DEA keep our names on record as users?

And if your on federal probation will the names be forwarded to the probation office? or any other office?
thanks

antrc170

If the stores get raided you can guarantee that your name will wind up in a DEA database or case file. Fortunetly for you the feds have a hard time sharing information. It is very possible that your name will not be released or otherwise compromised.

feduplady

I totally agree, however I am not on federal probation for a violent or drug related "crime". I actually have several medical problems and can not take many man made drugs. This was prescribed/rec by a real doctor so as to help me sleep, relax and eat.

CourtClerk

I totally agree, however I am not on federal probation for a violent or drug related "crime". I actually have several medical problems and can not take many man made drugs. This was prescribed/rec by a real doctor so as to help me sleep, relax and eat.
Well what did you do before marijuana use was legal in CA???? You obviously didn't die from starvation or insomnia...

And BTW... the terms of your federal probation probably include not using drugs, even if you weren't convicted of a violent or drug crime.

feduplady

Well what did you do before marijuana use was legal in CA???? You obviously didn't die from starvation or insomnia...

I was able to cope with man made medication and that caused more damage to my organs. I even tried alternative meds, healers etc to no avail. My regular doctor and cardiologist is against it but they both agree that it has been working for me for the past 2 years.

And BTW... the terms of your federal probation probably include not using drugs, even if you weren't convicted of a violent or drug crime.
It says I can not possess or use illegal drugs unless they are prescribed??

thanks

Last edited:

justalayman

It says I can not possess or use illegal drugs unless they are prescribed??

thanks
well, marijuana cannot be prescribed so what you are doing is illegal. You already know that from your last thread. What you have is a recommendation, nothing more. That allows you to use it legally per California laws. That does not allow you to use per federal laws.

You also have been lying on your monthly reports as well.

So, has your regular supplier been shut down? If so, was it by the state or the feds?

Last edited:

CdwJava

Marijuana cannot be prescribed. The feds do not recognize our marijuana recommendations. if your probation conditions prohibit you from possessing or using drugs, you can be violated if you are found out.

justalayman

the feds i believe
then I would be very concerned. While the feds are not typically prosecuting individuals (even though they can), if they shut down your supplier, I would not be surprised to see them run the names of the "patients" through their system to check to see if there are any warrants on anybody so they can gather some new information about where they might be found. I would suspect your name would show up somewhere if they did do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">