• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX Landscaper requested half upfront for landscaping and never heard from again.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brooksie03

I live in Texas and had a Landscaper request half upfront in May 2009 for materials before he would begin the job. He cashed the $1200 check that day and we haven't heard from him since. We left messages and sent certified letters to him and still no response. I filed a police report and they told me it was a civil matter. I know that he did this to several people during this time and I looked up the owner's name and he has had 7 Landscaping companies in his name over the past 10 years. He is a scam artist.

I just received an advertising flyer yesterday on our front door from his company, with a new tephone number, so now I can find him, granted 2 years later.

What should my next step be?

sandyclaus

I live in Texas and had a Landscaper request half upfront in May 2009 for materials before he would begin the job. He cashed the $1200 check that day and we haven't heard from him since. We left messages and sent certified letters to him and still no response. I filed a police report and they told me it was a civil matter. I know that he did this to several people during this time and I looked up the owner's name and he has had 7 Landscaping companies in his name over the past 10 years. He is a scam artist.

I just received an advertising flyer yesterday on our front door from his company, with a new tephone number, so now I can find him, granted 2 years later.

What should my next step be?
Sounds to me like it could be considered both a CIVIL and a CRIMINAL matter (fraud). I'd contact your local District Attorney and see what they have to say about the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">