• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i request a court order to use medical marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron Baker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CA Vista

how do i request a court order to use medical marijuana in CA while on probition?

I just saw my porbiton officer and he said I need a court order in order to use my medical Marijuana while on probiton.

So how do I get a request for a court order?

The attorney who handled your original case can have a hearing be put on the court calendar for Modification of Probation and file the paperwork with the appropriate court.

You should be prepared to document your medical condition and show that your medical marijuana card is legit (i.e. that you actually saw the doctor and didn't just get one for $25 off the internet).

Even then, the judge may not allow it based upon what you are on probation for e.g. he's less likely to sign off on it if you were convicted of a drug offense.

CdwJava

It might help if you actually have the state issued DHS card, and not simply a recommendation. Unfortunately for you, I believe San Diego is still one of the counties that does not facilitate the application for the DHS cards.

Is your doctor prepared to submit some affirmation that says that marijuana is necessary for your medical condition? It has been my experience that most doctors are not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">