• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation officer was using my phone wile i was in jail.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hannak18

I am 18 years old and i've been on probation for about 5 months now i was recently arrested for haveing text messages on my phone trying to buy marajuana, my probation officer confincated my phone and at this time i was still 17, so i was in juvy, but he started texting the guy i was texting prior to my arrest acting as me, got him to go to a local gas station and arrested him. i was wonder if thats legal if he can use my phone with out mne of my fathers permission before use, to bust some one. i have lost alot of my firnds since then, because he has pointed me out as a nark its quite stressful, i would just like to know whats up.

davew128

How did your PO come into possession of your phone?

As for losing friends.....yeah being a narc or a snitch when your friends are all stoners and crackheads can do that.

cyjeff

I am 18 years old and i've been on probation for about 5 months now i was recently arrested for haveing text messages on my phone trying to buy marajuana, my probation officer confincated my phone and at this time i was still 17, so i was in juvy, but he started texting the guy i was texting prior to my arrest acting as me, got him to go to a local gas station and arrested him. i was wonder if thats legal if he can use my phone with out mne of my fathers permission before use, to bust some one. i have lost alot of my firnds since then, because he has pointed me out as a nark its quite stressful, i would just like to know whats up.
What's up is that you were arrested for trying to arrange a drug buy. Your PO just decided to go through with it. In police circles, that is known as a "clue".

Maybe the best thing that could have happened to you is for all the people you do drugs with to think you can't be trusted.

Mass_Shyster

If your phone provider charges for text messages, you are certainly entitled to reimbursement for those messages. You could file a criminal complaint for theft of service, but I suspect that will cause you more harm than good.

Steve4509

Call your carrier and get a print out of the activity on your phone while you haven't had it.

There should be none.

If he did what you said, there should be a trail. It's not legal what he did, he's only a PO. Why he had the phone in the first place still is screwy.

This is complicated and you first need a print out to see what's what.

Why didn't you turn off your phone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">