• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgtmfitz13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina/Virginia

I was injured in a head on collision in June 2010. The person that hit me was driving north in the south bound lane. She was issued a summons, I was the only passenger in my vehicle she had several...one of which was killed. She had very little iinsurance so I am going through my uninsured motorist rider. My injuries were serious but not life threatening, mostly bumps and bruises, a concusion, chipped ankle, wrist ect. I missed a little over a month of work. The problem I have now is my adjuster is telling me there is only 40 thousand in total money available but my health insurance company (Health Keepers) is entitled to most if not all of any settlement I receive. Has anyone been in this situation? What do I do?

ecmst12

Your health insurance is entitled to be made whole as much as you are. Whatever they spent on your medical bills, you must pay back out of your settlement. You may be able to negotiate with them, an amount that they will accept. You should do that and find out how much you will need to pay them before accepting a settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">