• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johndoe420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
state: California
I barely tapped this car with my car and it left a very very minor dent. all the guy got from me was my name, phone number, and drivers license number. no insurence or police were involved. he called me up one day and said he wants $800 to fix it. do I really have to pay him or can I just ignore him? does he have enough information about me to get me in trouble for not paying him? what shold I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

No, you do not have to pay him. But, he can take you to small claims court for the damages. Or, he could report it to his insurance company and THEY might come after you.

You might want to just give him your insurance company info and let him deal with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">