• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Softball player contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjhslh

I signed a contract for my child to play with a select softball team in Texas. The contract states that my child will play only for this team through a specific date. My question is whether this contract is enforceable to keep my child from playing for another team.

swalsh411

No. The contract will not prevent your child from playing softball for another team. No contract ever keeps a determined person from doing something they want to do. What it will allow the team you signed up with to do is sue you and possibly win.

Nobody could possibly tell you if they would succeed or not that without reading the whole contract.

Do you think this is a good lesson to be teaching your child?

Hot Topic

I signed a contract for my child to play with a select softball team in Texas. The contract states that my child will play only for this team through a specific date. My question is whether this contract is enforceable to keep my child from playing for another team.

Is there something I'm missing about the word "select"?

What you did is sign a contract which states that your child will only play with the team through a specific date. If you disagreed with the contract, why did you sign it??? Please don't assume we're not too bright and tell us you were forced to sign.

You don't sound like much of a parent. You're teaching your child that it's okay to "welch" on an agreement when he/she decides h/s doesn't like the terms that h/s agreed to.

He can be banned from playing for other teams within the league for the remainder of the season, and if you try to circumnavigate the contract you signed, your son might be banned from playing in that league again even after this season. You agreed to him only playing for this team this season. Grow up and honor the commitments you agree to in writing. Bonus points for being the type of grown-up who also honors oral agreements you later regret.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">