• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

500 hours on the phone with Verizon. No results. Options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrianB87

Pennsylvania. Hello. I am at a loss for what else to do. I have Verizon and pay extra for the NHL package. The picture skips and freezes every 30 seconds to a couple minutes. In the past year and a half, I have placed (no joke) 50 phone calls on average of an hour, 13 techs to my house, 7 elevated service tickets at the highest level I can reach, and it is as bad as ever. They call and ask if its fixed, I say no, then ultimately, they close the ticket. I have gone so far as to video tape the issue and post it on youtube so they can see the problem. I feel I have no choice but court. Should I take them to small claims court? And if so, what kind of compensation should I look for.

justalayman

You have Verizon what? They offer wireless phone service, wired phone service, broadband internet, and cable television services. Which of those are you asking about?

I am guessing it is cable television. So, if they cannot provide the service, cancel the service and ask for a offset for the services they could not provide in a watchable manner that you paid for.

If they refuse to compensate you for services you paid for but were not delivered in a manner which would be watchable, then you can consider other options.

BrianB87

I want to keep verizon(FIOS phone, internet, cable) because they have the most HD games. To switch is the easy way out I believe. I pay $200 a year for this package. If there was another way to get service then I would not chose to call tech support 50 times, however I MUST, not choose, if i would like the problem fixed.

xylene

I want to keep verizon(FIOS phone, internet, cable) because they have the most HD games.
But the picture flickers and they cant or wont fix it.

Your should read the onerous terms and conditions that basically say that your damages, things like your time or missing a game... are thing they aren't responsible for.

I strongly suggest you hire an independent AV tech to look at your TV and connection. Yes, I mean spend your own money. Time is money. 500 hours...

BrianB87

Over the course of this time, I have had 13 techs out from verizon and had everything replaced. One tech went to the central office locally and was able to see the problem there. He DVR'd, but there are communication issues within local verizon and corporate. Everytime I call its starting over, which I was willing to do for a long time. I never wanted money from this, but I am at a loss. If I had to say a reason why I would justify money, I would say frustration, work missed, that was an option on weekends, to be home for a tech, and time spent.

BrianB87

I guess, what I really want to know, is can I take verizon to small claims court. I need to ask for some sort of compensation I guess. I'm not looking to get rich, but I am more after results and after following all the proper channels many times, and still no results then I am struggling for other options. Any help will be appreciated.

justalayman

I want to keep verizon(FIOS phone, internet, cable) because they have the most HD games. To switch is the easy way out I believe. I pay $200 a year for this package. If there was another way to get service then I would not chose to call tech support 50 times, however I MUST, not choose, if i would like the problem fixed.
but it appears they are not able to fix the problem so, you drop the NHL addition and move on with life. If there is a problem they cannot fix, there simply is nothing they can do. You don't get paid because they cannot fix the problem but they should not be charging you for service that is not watchable.

BrianB87

If they gave me the answer they could not fix it then your suggestion is correct. I apologize that this might seem trivial to some, but it is a passion to me. Every time I get elevated to a tier 3 tech(the highest I can reach), they say that should not happen. They remotely view the closest office they can and do not see the problem, assume everything is OK, then close the ticket. However, if they looked at my local central office OR talked to my local techs, they would know the problem still exsists. It is lazy or stupid or both. This is a one of a kind product, due to the amount of HD games. As a consumer, I feel the amount paid warrents a quality service at least 50% of the time. Not unreasonable. Would you want your air condioning fixed on you BMW or just trade it in for a Volswagon? Thank you for your response, but I'm still wandering if I can take them to small claims court and which individual should I name? The president of Verizon. That might get their attention anyway.

Last edited:

swalsh411

but I'm still wandering if I can take them to small claims court
No. How many times do you need to be told this? Are you that kind of person that keeps asking the same question over and over again hoping the answer will change? That might explain why you spent 500 hours with tech support so you could watch TV when clearly Verizon cannot provide you with the service.

Your only recourse is to not pay for services not rendered. You cannot sue them for your lost time and there is no law that will force them to provide you this service.

BrianB87

This is why i hate forums. Swalshy, I'll let you know how it goes. No one has sufficently answered my real bottom line question and I reject your answer because I feel you might be a pompus ass. Next time I will ask a real professional for a real answer instead of opinions from good o' Swalshy. Thanks anyway to those that did give me actual help.

justalayman

and to the claim of 500 hours. Did anybody realize that is what is stated in the title but in the body, he said he made 50 phone calls of about 1 hour duration each. That is 50 hours, not 500 and then realize that is over one and a half years. That averages to about 45 minutes per week trying to get this fixed.

so, you call them one more time and tell them; fix it or delete it from your package.

. No one has sufficently answered my real bottom line question
yes they have. You have no basis for a lawsuit as it stands.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answer to your bottom line question is no. You cannot take them to small claims court and you are not entitled to compensation for the time you spent on the phone.

I do not know how to make it any more clear than that.

Well, sure, you can take them to court. Bt the question you should be asking is do you have grounds to win, and the answer is no.

For whatever reason, they can't provide the service, and you're the lone person having problems. This indicates that it's not a problem on Verizon's end. There's probably a problem with your TV or the connectors. Sometimes TVs, especially in this digital age, have a hard time rendering some images while having no problem whatsoever rendering others, which is why you can change the channel and watch something else.

You chose to spend 500 hours (you do realize that this is equivalent to working full-time for more than 10 weeks, right?) on the phone badgering them about a problem they can not fix.

At this point you should request a refund of what you've paid for the channel, and resolve yourself to watching the games in regular definition. And then, if you're having mental issues or withdrawals from not being able to watch in HD, you should seeks counseling. It's somewhat alarming that you've chosen to spend 500 hours pursuing this. It's gone from passion to a potentially harmful and unhealthy obsession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">