• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it legal to sign?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngf1977

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

i have a problem with my lanlord because i am behind 1 monthe so he decided to take me to court during that time i discovered that the basement was full of water i had told them before (a few days )that i did a mold test and came out positive the plumber that went refused the job then they call 1st call and started working on it at the end to finished the job the owner hired some plumber from god knows where they left us with no water, told us to get a hotel they will pay for it and still haven't receive a penny yet, i have been paying for everything from hotel to food extra transportation i have a family of 7 4 kids wife and a brother that is handicapp. i paid a inspector to come and do some test which came positive for different tipes of mold including black and other bacteria
like e coli the amounts were very high. they deny it, but they knew about the the water problem which was terrible i found ot i was basically living on top of a sewer!!! for 2 years!!! one of their workers left the gate open and one of my dogs ran away i really don't believe that's what happened that's not how my dog is. he would of try to protect the property from any strangers (he is a boxer/shepperd) the house is totally out of code i have a 3 yr old and a hadicapp brother + 3 other kids they seem ok but with the mold and e coli +++ i think they are affaid that they might have gotten sick or that we eill sue them now i don't have much money left and can't keep on paying so much money for that many people in a hotel they offer me $5000 if i sign a paper releasing them from any liability and future lawsuits my wife is not on the lease but they want her to sign too. i don't think the document is notarized is it legal will it still be consider legal in court if something happends later on god hope not any medical problems? i am desperate need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">