• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tfoges

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
ohio
I was recently pulled over for speeding and was then charged with drug paraphernalia, i understand the maximum is 30 incarceration and a fine, however this is NOT TYPICAL. I am a first time offender and was wondering what the average sentence is, as well as the minimum sentence with a good lawyer who is friends with the judge.

grishid

Give us more details. How did the cop find those items? did he search you or searched the car? Did you give consent for the search? were you on probation at the time of the stop? did he cite you for speeding? Unless you dont wanna fight and plea guilty and take a deal or something.

What exactly was found?

ERAUPIKE

Give us more details. How did the cop find those items? did he search you or searched the car? Did you give consent for the search? were you on probation at the time of the stop? did he cite you for speeding? Unless you dont wanna fight and plea guilty and take a deal or something.

What exactly was found?
Most of these details were given or irrelevant Greg.

For example, if he is a first time offender he is not on probation. It doesn't matter if the OP was cited for speeding or not.

If the officer had PC to search the car, then consent is not necessary. Please, do not make your new hobby passing out poor advice in this forum.

Steve4509

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
ohio
I was recently pulled over for speeding and was then charged with drug paraphernalia, i understand the maximum is 30 incarceration and a fine, however this is NOT TYPICAL. I am a first time offender and was wondering what the average sentence is, as well as the minimum sentence with a good lawyer who is friends with the judge.

What type of drug paraphernalia are we talking about? A syringe, a pot pipe...that's an important detail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">