• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Commission Disbute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Phuong4

I recently left a sales position working for a manufacturing company in Alameda County, CA. The terms of my employment were that my commission would be paid for a particular account when the company collected its debt from that account. After leaving, I did not get the commission checks due to me for sales I made to accounts that had paid in full. When I asked my ex-boss why I had not been paid the commission I earned, he acknowledged that commissions in question had been earned from sales to accounts that had paid in full, fulfilling the terms of my employment. He stated that the reason he was refusing to pay me those funds was because his company had been unable to collect past debts from some accounts. He insisted that I perform collection services for him to be paid the commissions that I had already earned. He refuses to pay me the commissions that I have already earned until I help him collect other debts. Is there any legal recourse I can take in this situation?

Sincerely,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">