• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whitsettdennis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I was promised by a tech. school that being COLORBLIND would not prevent me from getting a job in the electronics field once I graduated. I have started job hunting and have found out that I will not be getting a job in the field because I am colorblind.

I was told by the school that they had placed several colorblind students in the field. This was a lie. Once I started classes I learned that no one in the course had even graduated yet! Therefore it was impossible for them to have placed anyone in a job.

They also told us that ALL their classes would transfer in case we wanted to go for our Bachelor's degree. Another lie! NONE of the classes transfer to any other program anywhere.

So in a nut shell, I spent 2 years, 30,000 dollars, for a degree that I can't use, and that I cannot use to further my education.

This can not be legal to lie to people to get them to enroll in programs. I really need some help here.

racer72

Do you have any of these claims in writing? If the answer is no, any claims you may have are only worth the paper they are written on.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I was promised by a tech. school that being COLORBLIND would not prevent me from getting a job in the electronics field once I graduated. I have started job hunting and have found out that I will not be getting a job in the field because I am colorblind.

I was told by the school that they had placed several colorblind students in the field. This was a lie. Once I started classes I learned that no one in the course had even graduated yet! Therefore it was impossible for them to have placed anyone in a job.

They also told us that ALL their classes would transfer in case we wanted to go for our Bachelor's degree. Another lie! NONE of the classes transfer to any other program anywhere.

So in a nut shell, I spent 2 years, 30,000 dollars, for a degree that I can't use, and that I cannot use to further my education.

This can not be legal to lie to people to get them to enroll in programs. I really need some help here.

How closely did you check the school out before you enrolled? Did you, for instance, contact the Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints had been registered against it?

Apparently, quite a few of the schools that usually advertise on television have been warned to watch their step. As I recall, the complaint(s) lodged involving telling students that they had a better chance to land high paying jobs if they registered with that school. There's some question of the accuracy of the school's claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">