• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DanielCooke

In New York Law.

My department was informed that we were being centralised and were given 60days notice until our closure date of March 31 2001. I applied for 3 jobs, one I turned down due to location (detroit), another I wasn't successful and the lst one, the most recent one, I have turned down due to the low salary. Initially my manager agreed to keep me on past March 31 but today (April 30) I am told that he no longer wants to pay my salary in this department after 30April. I could still take the job in Detroit or the low paid other job but I don't think either are a wise choice. My problem is that I would have to return to the UK if I don't have a job with this company on May 1st.

Can my manager force these options on me?

Thanks,

Daniel Cooke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">