• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never make deals with friends, need advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mre4solving

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut.

I had a friend who I got a job with me. I sold him one of my vehicles for cash, but we had to wait for the DMV to send the title, and I thought I could trust him to drive on my plates. DMV said it would take 6 weeks, it has now been 4 months. The one condition I had on the deal was that he carry his own insurance. DMV has said title will arrive shorty. Fiend has quit job and refuses to show proof of insurance, but is demanding the title. He has trashed the vehicle, damaged it to the tune of several thousands of dollars, which is more that what he paid.

Since he refuses to show proof, he is in violation of the contract. Since he has damaged the vehilce, does this void any chances of a refund?

Thanks for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">