• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona
A few years ago my wife was hurt in a hit and run accident in Flagstaff. We at that time lived in California and our car insurance dealer got us a very small amount so now that we live in Tucson can we go after the guy who hit us and get more money as my wife is still suffering with bad back pain.

other person

The other part was never arrested or charged as the witness that saw the whole accident was intimidated by the chief of police in Flagstaff. He was told by the police that he could not have seen the license plate of the truck that hit us and by the time ( a month later) the person was seen he had already fixed his truck.

ecmst12

If you accepted a settlement from your insurance (presumably under uninsured motorist) then the claim is now closed, you can't go back for more.

You agreed to release the other party when you accepted the money.
If you accepted a settlement from your insurance (presumably under uninsured motorist) then the claim is now closed, you can't go back for more.
Perfectly legitimate, yet undermining answers to a question snowman45106 never ask.

snowman45106 did not ask if he could ask his insurance for more money. He asked "can we go after the guy who hit us and get more money as my wife is still suffering with bad back pain." ...and he's probably wondering the legal intricacies of how he would go about this if there is any chance that he could. This is obvious, but something Zigner and ecmst12 cannot answer, especially in the condescending and undermining manner they prefer. Enter the "Straw man".

Unfortunately, I cannot give the advice that was requested, but in such an instance as this, the aforementioned comments should be wholly disregarded lest your original initiative is forgotten.

FlyingRon

Perfectly legitimate, yet undermining answers to a question snowman45106 never ask.
Is English a foreign language to you?
snowman45106 did not ask if he could ask his insurance for more money.
That is not the question that ECMST and ZIGNER answered.
He asked "can we go after the guy who hit us and get more money as my wife is still suffering with bad back pain." ...and he's probably wondering the legal intricacies of how he would go about this if there is any chance that he could.
The answer was the settlement with the driver as represented by his insurer, most certainly indicates that he waived any further actions of the sort.

Unfortunately, I cannot give the advice that was requested, but in such an instance as this, the aforementioned comments should be wholly disregarded lest your original initiative is forgotten.
You can't contribute anything positive, but you're quick to denigrate those who gave correct answers that you seem incapable of comprehending.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

snowman45106 did not ask if he could ask his insurance for more money. He asked "can we go after the guy who hit us and get more money as my wife is still suffering with bad back pain." ...and he's probably wondering the legal intricacies of how he would go about this if there is any chance that he could. This is obvious, but something Zigner and ecmst12 cannot answer, especially in the condescending and undermining manner they prefer. Enter the "Straw man".

Ron already answered except he forgot to say one thing...

What a maroon you are deductable rumb!

Zigner

Maybe.

And even if so there may be insurer/circumstance/region-specific loopholes.
Ok, why don't you point some out. Make sure they are supported by the facts that have been presented in THIS thread.

ETA: Also, please be sure to address the California 2 year statute of limitations for personal injury.

W

Willlyjo

Ok, why don't you point some out. Make sure they are supported by the facts that have been presented in THIS thread.

ETA: Also, please be sure to address the California 2 year statute of limitations for personal injury.
Uh...I think they need to address the statute of limitations for Arizona since the hit and run occurred there. ;)

Sure thing! I'll get right on that! BRB...

Zigner

Willy was right - I had the states swapped...

But, like you say, it doesn't matter ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">