• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long is too long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jf6154

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I only have liability on my car. Two months ago a lady hit me in the side. It was clearly her fault. Police report states that she did not yield to traffic. Cut and dry her fault. She only had liability insurance also. The adjuster from her insurance called got my info sent someone out to take pictures. All within 4 days. I wait about 2 weeks and call the adjuster. She said claim is still in the process. Wait 2 more weeks, call again. Still no answer. Wait 1 week and call again, the adjuster was very rude. Is 2months too long for a claim to process for a minor accident with no injuries and $1500.00 damage to my car.

jf6154

Different each time I Call. Waiting for the police report, Waiting on an answer from their client, may be a matter of coverage, This is my first accident claim in 44 years so I'm not sure what to expect. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

jf6154

You either paid your bill or you did'nt. It shouldn't take 2 months to figure that out. One hour of investigating whether the money is there or not. What more is there to investigate.

ecmst12

It depends on why coverage is being investigated, whether she paid her bill is only ONE reason that coverage might be in question.

jf6154

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't sure what was reasonable, never filed a claim before. I am personally dealing with the insurance company and no I would not pocket the cash. I have a nice looking car I want it to remain that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">