• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Metered Parking Lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fagan

Can you drive in a metered parking lane when there are signs restricting parking during a specified time period? It's in a downtown area and parking is prohibited between 4 - 7pm (more than likely to keep traffic moving).

If so, can someone point out the MUTCD code, if referenced.

I was in that lane, and daily the road splits into 2 lanes, and the left turns left and the right turns right. I was in the right lane, and the driver in the left lane (who was behind me) turned right also and hit my drivers side rear. The other party's insurance is stating there were meters in the lane, but failed to address the posted parking restirction, and not assuming liability.....so who's at fault here? Seems obvious to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">