• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto dealership problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

I had my car repaired at a Nissan dealership. The repair failed. I took the car to my local Nissan dealership to have the repair completed again. The local dealer will not release the car to me because they have not received the $131.00 from the first dealer to pay the mechanic for the repair. This has been going on for over a month. The local dealer has had possesion of my car for two weeks. Do I have any recourse or do I continue waiting and hoping the first dealer sends the $131.00?

Antigone*

I had my car repaired at a Nissan dealership. The repair failed. I took the car to my local Nissan dealership to have the repair completed again. The local dealer will not release the car to me because they have not received the $131.00 from the first dealer to pay the mechanic for the repair. This has been going on for over a month. The local dealer has had possesion of my car for two weeks. Do I have any recourse or do I continue waiting and hoping the first dealer sends the $131.00?
US Law only.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pay the $131 yourself and pursue it from the original dealer (applies to ALL states ;) )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">