• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad news

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

name

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I recently paid bond on a warrant I had for missing court, and was pulled over a week later. That court lost the record that I had paid it (which they found later in the day). I didn't have a valid license since i hadn't been able to get off work to get a new one, and my car was in the police records because I thought it had been stolen a few weeks before and didn't report it when i found it. I was pulled over for speeding, and after talking for a few minutes, the cop asked me to get out of the car. He searched and found just under a gram of DMT in the console and I had tons of pills lying around for my chronic depression and add (which I had prescriptions for). He grabbed the key from the ignition and used it to open my trunk, where he eventually found about a gram of marijuana and probably 9 to 10 grams of mushrooms. at the police station, i told him i knew i had them but didn't think they were in the car, and wrote a few sentences saying that he found drugs in my car and mentioned that I was going to eat the mushrooms with my girlfriend (I was stressing that i wasn't a drug dealer by telling the truth. I know I'm stupid now for saying anything without an atty). I didn't tell him what the dmt was, but he's sent everything to the lab and said it will be back in a few months so it doesn't matter. I have a DUI on my record with a paraphernalia charge so I'm sure the courts won't be sympathetic. I bought this stuff about a month after i stopped taking my medication. I am extremely depressed and bought the weed the night before because i was going to kill myself, and now that I am facing years of jail time and felonies that will follow me for the rest of my life which make sure I never get a good job, I feel even worse. I don't think I could live with myself if I became an informant (which he mentioned) and I am sure I will end up committing suicide if I go to jail. Please help me with any advice you can offer; I am extremely overwhelmed right now working 60 hour weeks trying to provide for my family (unemployed parents and younger sister).What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

Best advice you're going to get: Get some therapy for your depression, consult with an attorney for your criminal case (and if you cannot afford one, ask the court for a public defender).

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">