• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

projectpat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
-------------------------------------------------------
*I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but hopefully a moderator can move it to the appropriate location.

In May 2010, we were introduced to a loan company known as Golder and Miner (Chicago, Illinois) claiming they could provide a loan of $1,000,000 pending a $27,000 deposit (closing cost prior to loan) to the company's bank account. A loan officer/real-estate agent put us in contact with this company and we met their attorneys in Cumming, GA to review and sign the contracts which said the loan would be delivered in 60 days. Sixty days passed and an additional month extension was allotted. After several months nothing had a happened and the loan officer claimed they could not provide the loan and basically we paid and nothing happened.

-So it seems my parents have found themselves in a huge, ridiculous dilemma that I can only describe as the most blatant loan fraud ever. I was not able to help or consult them because I live in another state and was not aware of their actions. The loan officer could be in cahoots with the company but she's also helping my parents re-finance their home and credit cards. On paper this situation stands out like a blatant hoax and my father felt it was fishy but my mother took the reins on this one.

-My questions concerns whether this type of thing is common or the situation I described is remediable? Do I need to contact the police or attorneys? I'm just really confused and out of the loop on the situation so I'm asking for any and all feedback, thanks again.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
-------------------------------------------------------
*I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but hopefully a moderator can move it to the appropriate location.

In May 2010, we were introduced to a loan company known as Golder and Miner (Chicago, Illinois) claiming they could provide a loan of $1,000,000 pending a $27,000 deposit (closing cost prior to loan) to the company's bank account. A loan officer/real-estate agent put us in contact with this company and we met their attorneys in Cumming, GA to review and sign the contracts which said the loan would be delivered in 60 days. Sixty days passed and an additional month extension was allotted. After several months nothing had a happened and the loan officer claimed they could not provide the loan and basically we paid and nothing happened.

-So it seems my parents have found themselves in a huge, ridiculous dilemma that I can only describe as the most blatant loan fraud ever. I was not able to help or consult them because I live in another state and was not aware of their actions. The loan officer could be in cahoots with the company but she's also helping my parents re-finance their home and credit cards. On paper this situation stands out like a blatant hoax and my father felt it was fishy but my mother took the reins on this one.

-My questions concerns whether this type of thing is common or the situation I described is remediable? Do I need to contact the police or attorneys? I'm just really confused and out of the loop on the situation so I'm asking for any and all feedback, thanks again.
You should certainly contact an attorney. He or she can advise you if a criminal complaint is warranted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">