• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no payment on judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mvelez

hello,i am from new york state and here is my situation.last march 5,2000 my fiance and i hired a florist to provide floral arrangements for our wedding on sept 9,2001. all monies were paid up front for there services.on the day of our wedding no centerpiecces were at the reception.after calling the florist he stated that it was not his resposibility for the flowers because he had delivered them "even though no one signed for them". I attempted to settle this matter out of court, but he insisted on teling me to take him to small claims court. so i did . he didnt show up for the first hearing or for the second one. finally i was awarded the judgement in my favor.this has been going on for so long an it seems no matter what route i take i will never recover the money we spent on our flowers.i have been to the small claims division numerous times but unless i know where he banks i have no chance of collecting my money.
please advise this very discouraged bride

JETX

You need to use the processes available to enforce your judgment. Get a book "How to win in Small Claims court in New York". One of the last chapters will be on what you can do to try to collect on your judgment (writs, etc.).

If you still can't get it done, contact me below and I will refer you to someone who recovers judgments in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">