• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's your input?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gotsteve2006

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My question involves criminal law for the state of: New mexico.

I am new here, so please forgive me ahead of time. I got charged with a possession of cannabis under 28 grams (ounce). (misdemendor) (sp)I went to court and received (2) days of community service & $104 court fine. I finished the (2) days of community service & at the time was only able to pay $50 of the fine. Which means my fine is $54. I recently moved back home & received a job offer which I start soon. My $50 fine payment (payment plan) was due on the 16th of this month. So my question is...

Is it possible to be exterdited back to the state of new Mexico for this? I plan to pay the fine. I just have to get my check. A reason why I don't believe they will do this is because...

*I only have $54 left on the fine. The amount of money paid in jail is $51.00. So my thinking would be that they would not waste the money to come pick me up, over 2000 miles from new Mexico, than let me sit In jail for one day basically. I just think the way the economy is, it would cost them too much money than they are willing to spend. Plus they would have to pay this state money to hold me until they came and picked me up, am I correct? Correct me if I am wrong on anything I am saying. So I think it would just be a hassle for them. Dont get me wrong. I plan to pay for my mistake I just don't currently have the money at the moment

So..any thoughts or comments or suggestions would be awesome.

-meWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">