• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone please help me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bassist937

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I am a college student and i dont know much about law. I am trying to do this on my own without mom's help.

I just received my second possession charge for marijuana and paraphernalia. And i am curently on court supervision (which was not brought up in court last time). If i plead guilty i know my fine will rise, but will i get any addtional punishment such as probation?? And how does the "3 strike rule" work?

blu92627

It may be time to talk to Mom

If you are on any kind of probation-the court will not look kindly on a repeated offense, I don't care what state you are in! If you are lucky enough to have parents with means - I seriously suggest you bite the bullet and ask for the help you desperately need right now and lawyer-up,right quick. If nothing else get online and get infomed re: exactly what this means in your state/county. Google your offenses(the code numbers) plus your state, and you'll be amazed at the info. you receive...p.s.I'm not a lawyer,just informed citizenry. Good luck.

justalayman

bassist937;2769531]

I am a college student and i dont know much about law. I am trying to do this on my own without mom's help.

I just received my second possession charge for marijuana and paraphernalia.
Here is what you need to know about the law. If you keep breaking it, you will continue to be arrest and risk being incarcerated.

And i am curently on court supervision (which was not brought up in court last time). If i plead guilty i know my fine will rise, but will i get any addtional punishment such as probation??
You are on court supervision for what? Is court supervision another term for probation?

If it is, you could possibly get that probation revoked (violated) and you could have the original sentence imposed. It would be up to the courts.

And how does the "3 strike rule" work?[]
just like baseball: 3 strikes and you're out.

So, now that that is out of the way; I suggest not doing this on your own. If you are an adult, mom isn't your saviour either. As an adult, you will be treated like an adult in court and mom can't do anything for you. You should seek the services of a lawyer, especially since it sounds like you might be on probation already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">