• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loan taken back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darkone78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Capital one agreed to a car loan three weeks ago now they are saying I don't make enough. because my child support is not court appointed. If I signed the contract and have been driving the car for three weeks can they come back and say no?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm sorry, but I am almost certain that it states in the contract that if financing can't be obtained, you must return the car.

You should not, however, be liable for depreciation or for it's use (similar to a rental vehicle).

Most likely, though, is that the dealership, when you return the car to them, will try to find you alternate financing ~ though likely, not at the best rate.

If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me. But I don't think that I am.

Have you received the title, yet? If so, is Capital One listed as the lien-holder? Or were you still waiting on the title before this occurred?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">