• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Contract Negotiations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonchilde

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
If a contract I signed was nonrefundable for services paid in advance but not yet totally completed, and the person I signed it with offered to refund my money for the remaining services when I asked, but then changed their mind two days later, is that the same as any other contract negotiation where you have 72 hours to change your mind? Or, can I hold them to the fact that they agreed to refund my money? I do have written proof this happened.

Last edited:

justalayman

If you have a written offer of a refund but you did not accept it before they rescinded the offer, you have nothing.

moonchilde

Soon after she offered me the refund verbally, I asked her in writing when I was going to get my money back? She wrote, I'll get back to you. Two days later she wrote me an email to the effect of "sorry, I know I offered your money back but I changed my mind because the contract is clear and there are no refunds."

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">