• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Locate A Willing Malpractice Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

QHBarbie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am in the Florida Panhandle and not having much luck locating a malpractice attorney. I honestly don't even know where to begin with this saga (or nightmare). It involves a contract attorney, and damages are now approaching the $5 million mark. Two property/general practice attorneys have reviewed the case. Both of them agreed this is one of the worst managed cases they have seen. They simply can't imagine an attorney conducting herself in this manner. In addition, a ligation CPA working in conjunction with our arbitration case, said he has never witnessed such incompetence.

The sad part is that we are now broke, credit is destroyed, and things look bleak all around. This particular attorney caused such problems, it doesn't even look as though bankruptcy will be workable remedy. At one point my husband and I had a thriving business with gross sales approaching $6 million annually. Now, I'm virtually penniless.

How do I locate a malpractice attorney? And one on contingency basis? There just doesn't seem to be anyone in the Florida Panhandle. I'm desperate and out of leads.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post.

latigo

You haven’t been trying very hard!

It took me 3 minutes to find listings for law firms specializing in legal malpractice in your area. Seven in Tallahassee, eighteen in Jacksonville and three in Gainesville.

Hot Topic

Latigo, I think that the OP expects you to provide the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the attorneys and find out from them whether they'll work on contingency.;)

QHBarbie

You haven’t been trying very hard!

It took me 3 minutes to find listings for law firms specializing in legal malpractice in your area. Seven in Tallahassee, eighteen in Jacksonville and three in Gainesville.
Good for you. That's exactly how I got the contract lawyer from hell. I found her in the yellow pages.... after six other attorneys were too busy to take the arbitration case--and that was back in the day when I had plenty of money. Nope this time I want someone competent.

Two attorneys have already been contacted in Tallahassee. It seems the first one only represents other attorneys who are defendants themselves. The other one just didn't impress my attorney among other things.

Jacksonville and Gainsville are at least six hours away. But, at this point I won't rule that out.

QHBarbie

Latigo, I think that the OP expects you to provide the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the attorneys and find out from them whether they'll work on contingency.;)
That would be ideal, but I realize that probably isn't going to happen. Right now I have three attorneys who are familiar with this recent case trying to follow up on leads. The problems is that they rarely see this kind of thing happen here in our area. I was hopping that posting on a forum might provide additional leads.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That would be ideal, but I realize that probably isn't going to happen. Right now I have three attorneys who are familiar with this recent case trying to follow up on leads. The problems is that they rarely see this kind of thing happen here in our area. I was hopping that posting on a forum might provide additional leads.
This forum is not an attorney referral service - sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">