• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Won't Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BG1

Wisconsin.

I was awarded a settlement from a Judge 2 yrs ago. After 1 yr. of excuses from Lawyer. I contacted another he told me he received pmt. About 3-2010. Also handled another case. Was awarded pmt from another Federal Judge. 7-10. To date still can't get payment from second Lawyer. As of now it is Approx. 275,000,000.00. Can't get lawyer to meet with me. Have almost daily phone conversation with promise to meet and pay as of this time just lame excuses. It is becoming very stressful and affecting. Health and Family life. I don't know if I should contact another Lawyer or the state Bar, or D.A.

applecruncher

Are you telling us you were awarded a $275 MILLION dollar settlement, 2 years ago, and haven't collected, and that you keep having daily phone calls with the lawyer?

Is THAT what you're saying?

:rolleyes:

davidmcbeth3

With $270,000,000 on the line, it is wise that you posted here.

Were the lawyer's the defendants or did they collect the cash and are sitting on it?

Wyldrush

Do you know Nigera does not really pay those settlements out like they claim in emails..

If you won a $275mil settlement, I am sure there is an appeal process, even by a federal judge. If you won, you have an attorney. Surely they can not collect till the check is sent to his office in escrow to cut you a check. SO where is your lawyer??? Where is the news media??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">