• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership Wants Car Back- HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ryanb4614

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hello, just looking for some expert advice. If anyone can help me out with this. I had a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. The car was on its way out, I was changing the spark plugs and one of them snapped off inside. I figured I should just trade it in at a dealership for another car.

Well I found a car I wanted and told them spark plug broke off in engine it would have to be towed. They said no problem offered me a $800 trade in for not seeing it. So I said okay, did the credit app and was told to come in next day. I came in next day to pickup my new car and they said after seeing the car they couldn't give me the $800 they will give me $500, I argued and they took off $300 off the price of the car, so I still got the $800. Well I had the car since Thursday and today I got a call from the dealership manager and he said they cannot get the car to start that I have to bring back the new car or bring $500 for the trade-in value that this is an expense they cannot deal with. He is saying the timing belt has to be replaced and that is very expensive, I just replaced it 5 months ago! (no receipt friend did it for me)

Everything was signed over title and all, I have the pink slip etc. It was all completed. He is telling me that they will have to pull out of the deal. Can they do this? The title for the Alero was in my dad's name so he signed it over to the dealership on Thurs, the new car is in my name not my dads. This is a big dealership and sell mazda, VW, etc. Can they do this?

**the "new" car i am referring to is a 2009, used

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">