• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Probation Contract unjust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jankys13

Hopewell Virginia USA

Hi There,
First I would like to apologize for the lengthy question I am about to type out. Yet, there are some concerns one has in reference to a friends recent screw up, thus resulting in some absurd terms of probation. Due to her poor judgement, and listening to her X she was convicted of making false scripts for people. Her sentence included a 2 years in jail, upon release she was signed a contract that stated that she was to conform to. Removing herself from known drug users and dealers. "no issues there" She must not have any contact with her X that she has children with. Even Tho, He takes it upon himself to come to her house when ever he pleases, to violate her drug probation contract that has an 87% failure rate.

When her probation Officer comes to her house and requires her to take a urine test, If she does not urinate by 9am she is in violation and is required to spend the weekend in jail. "speaking for myself, I know that I get pee shy when others are in the general area, so I can sympathize with her on this."

However, They have recently stated that she is not allowed to have a cell phone and confiscated smart phone. How is this constitutional or not violating natural rights - personal liberty - 7 - 10 and 11... private property - 1 - 2 and 3... In criminal prosecutions 18. Constitutional Rights, Powers and Duties

As well they have often times gone through her personal computer and smart phone searching through text, chat messengers and other data. Would this also, be a direct violation of the data privacy act.

Further more today, she had a friend come over to her house, Her probation officer came over and started questioning a friend of hers about who she is, her back ground and etc. Thus, telling her that she had to leave. So, her friend called her family to come pick her up. When the family members did come, the probation officer proceeded to tell them about my friend who is under the legal supervision record and charges. Again I don't see how this is legal, justified or even following rules of any probational office.

If that was not enough, her probation officer told her today that she has to move from the residence that she has a legal obligation to full fill a 12 month lease.

I know it is a lot to read and reply too. But am I the only one that sees this being a bit much for any drug related charge. Even in Chesterfield Virginia where the probation office / court house is located.

~jankys13

Last edited:

dave33

1st let me say I do not know the conditions of the probation. If the person feels the p.o. is overstepping their bounds you pretty much have 2 courses of action.
1. Call the supervisor claim a conflict, ask for a different p.o. and take your chances with them.
2. Do not conform to the conditions, get violated and take your chances with a judge.

Whatever you choose try to get some proof of the unrealistic sanctions imposed on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">