• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaky basement with gaurantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmcgeary

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I live in PA, I had an 25 foot by 25 foot addition put on my home 4 years ago. The contractor that laid the foundation used a foundation sealant and also gave me a 30 year warranty that the foundation would not leak. I have all the warranty paperwork. Now 4 years later, I have severe water leakage. Not just a little bit of water but, lots of water. I have lost most of my furniture, all of the carpeting, and the contractor that did the work is trying their best to ignore me. Please Help.

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I live in PA, I had an 25 foot by 25 foot addition put on my home 4 years ago. The contractor that laid the foundation used a foundation sealant and also gave me a 30 year warranty that the foundation would not leak. I have all the warranty paperwork. Now 4 years later, I have severe water leakage. Not just a little bit of water but, lots of water. I have lost most of my furniture, all of the carpeting, and the contractor that did the work is trying their best to ignore me. Please Help.
Since you have documentation saying there is a 30 year warranty protecting from leaks, simply take the contractor to court for the damages as a result of leakage.

swalsh411

You might be able to get an attorney to write a strongly worded letter threatening to sue for a reasonable fee. This may be all it takes to get his attention.

gmcgeary

Thanks for the info. I just wish contractors would honor their warranties, and I wouldn't have to take legal action. But, I know thats what I gotta do. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">