• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rebel18

Mississippi.I've been having engine problems. After it stalled and left me stranded numerous times I took it to a mechanic..Couple of days later I picked my car up...He replaced the "starter" and the "crankcase sensor" and charged me $220. A few days later the car stoped,with the same symptoms, in the middle of a busy street. I trailered the car back to the mechanic with the idea he would make good on his repairs...As of date, he's had my car for 3weeks..What are my options? What are his obligations on repairing my car or giving my money back so I can take it someware else? Obviously the "starter" and "sensor' was not the problem. What recorse do I have to fix this problem? Thanks..:confused:

Hot Topic

What did he say about the car when you called him? Does he claim it's the same problem?

Is this a new or used car?

Rebel18

No sir, it's a used car. 1989 Park Avenue. Mother left after passing. When I talked to the mechanic, I asked if he had found anything. He was very vague. He just said "nope,not yet". If he can't fix my car and has $220 of my money with the car in the same condition that I took it to him with. 3 weeks has been long enough..Do I have any legal rights to get my money back or for him to fix my car? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">