• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgaccountant

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA

My daughter's friend bought a car for her - with the agreement that as soon as my daughter got a job she would make the payments. But the car is in the friends name. The girls have been feuding and her friend picked up the car last night. My daughter starts a new job (first one in 2 years) today with a guaranteed 40 hours per week, but now has to way to get to and from work. Shouldnt the original agreement stand as far as my daughter being able to make the payments?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA

My daughter's friend bought a car for her - with the agreement that as soon as my daughter got a job she would make the payments. But the car is in the friends name. The girls have been feuding and her friend picked up the car last night. My daughter starts a new job (first one in 2 years) today with a guaranteed 40 hours per week, but now has to way to get to and from work. Shouldnt the original agreement stand as far as my daughter being able to make the payments?
Your daughter doesn't own a car...she rented it. She should go find somewhere else to rent from...

swalsh411

You're not going to be able to force the friend the allow your daughter to rent the car when there has been no consideration (payment) from your daughter to the friend.

Your daughter should go find a sensible used car. There are plenty to choose from. And have it inspected before you buy it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">