• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st offense drug paraphernlia charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stupidest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA. was pulled over for broken tailpipe. Some break-ins in the area, so car was searched. marijuana pipe found under seat - had no idea it was there. was there from last summer. No pot at all was in the car. Was very cooperative with police, charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. I am TERRIFIED!!! Do i need a lawyer, can i get the charge dropped. 19 years old, clean record.

FlyingRon

You aren't getting the charge dropped without a lawyer.
You may qualify for a diversion, but FRANKLY, unless they're alleging that there was some drug residue, mere possession of drug paraphernalia in the commonwealth isn't a crime. You have to have intent to sell (or otherwise distrubte).

FlyingRon

That is true if he didn't consent. But the tactic "There have been some break ins in the area, can I search your car" is a valid strategy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">