• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still sitting after six months of waiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdgriffi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

In September we were notified by Texas and Lousiana that his wife whom seperated from from six years had filed reports and charges on him for a crime. Seems Louisiana already issued warrants for him and Texas wanted him to come in for questioning. Since he was innocent he went to talk with detectives. The detective was ready to let him leave but we said something about Lousiana claiming to already have a warrant without speaking with him about anything. The detective in Texas said now that we said that, he had to check on it. He came back saying yes Louisiana did have a warrant so now they had to hold him. Meantime, he would talk to the district attorney to see if Texas was going to do anything here with the charges. He sat two weeks in jail. We were told he was being held with no bond awaiting Louisiana to come get him. On the fourteenth day, Texas decides to make a case here on her charges, rather the district attorney did. He had a majes. hearing and bond was set. It has been six months now and no indictment. It is my understanding the court appointed attorney can request a dismissal or pr bond but then he would sit awaiting Louisiana to pick him up. Does Louisiana have a time period? If he was detained to begin with because of the warrant in Louisiana and they didn't come get him in fourteen days, can they be given a second chance if texas court grants dismissal? Also, can he just be held there with no bond for two weeks. I ask because Louisiana says that if the district attorney was looking into possibly prosecuting a case against him, there is no way they could contact Lousiana to come get him, which means he set there in jail two weeks with no bond and not awaiting extrid... could you please shed some light on this for me? I am losing my mind... I can't seems to get answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">