• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

public defender???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stupidest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA..i was stopped for a broken tailpipe and the officer searched my car because of some break-ins in the area. He found marijuana paraphernalia under the seat. I had no idea it was there, told him so. no pot found in car. i am 19. I have been under the care of a psychiatrist/therapist for some depression/anxiety issues, am on medications and have not done any pot for 4 months. i am being regularly tested also. I am clean. I live at home with my mom, have very, very little income, am a college student. Do i qualify for a public defender or do I need a lawyer? What do I plead at my first appearance in court? what could the sentencing be? I am terrified!!!! Also, this is my first charge ever.

kjizzle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA..i was stopped for a broken tailpipe and the officer searched my car because of some break-ins in the area. He found marijuana paraphernalia under the seat. I had no idea it was there, told him so. no pot found in car. i am 19. I have been under the care of a psychiatrist/therapist for some depression/anxiety issues, am on medications and have not done any pot for 4 months. i am being regularly tested also. I am clean. I live at home with my mom, have very, very little income, am a college student. Do i qualify for a public defender or do I need a lawyer? What do I plead at my first appearance in court? what could the sentencing be? I am terrified!!!! Also, this is my first charge ever.

Did you give consent for the search?
If you are clean and have documents to prove it I would give those to your Attorney.
A public defender is an Attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">