• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

union

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rebecca Alvarez

i live in Burbank, CA. I wrote earlier about my husband being laid-off/terminated. We have been trying to go through his union to make sure that what his company did to him did not violate the union contract. Her is the problem, it has been over a week since the termination and his union still has not met with him to discuss a possible grievance. We do not know how many days his contract allows to grieve, because every time he asks for a copy of the contract they tell him that they don't have any written in english since most of their members only speak spanish. My husband is hispanic, but born and raised in L.A. and only speaks, reads and writes in english. What do we do, I am certain we are running out of time to file a grievance and I think we have a right to grieve his termination.

B

buddy2bear

Call the information officer at your Regional Office of the National Labor Relations Board and tell him/her about the runaround you are getting. When they start checking into it, something will begin to move with your union.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">