• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recovered property held by states attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcfs

state of illinois, my son got his scooter stolen, and now the states attorney has it for evidence. We would like it back. is it possible for the SA to take a picture of it and use it at the trial instead of the actual scooter? The scooter was valued at $355.00

L

lawrat

speaking from the standpoint of what has a bigger impact in trial (the actual item stolen or a picture of it), I would rather tough it out until the trial is over.

Every state has a law about confiscated items/seized items used as evidence in trial. These laws go to many issues, including your right to it back and the timefrane in which you should expect it back.

http://www.legis.state.il.us/ilcs/ch725/ch725act5articles/ch725act5Sub12.htm

Look under 108.11 and then talk with the supervisor of the S.A. or even the judge handling the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">